Working towards becoming an EMDR Europe Accreditated Practitioner
Accredited practioners can in turn work towards Consultant Status (see UK and Ireland EMDR Association website www.emdrassociation.org.uk).
Competency based framework for aspiring EMDR practitioners
Below please find a summary of the essential elements of this framework.
- Number of Years since completion of EMDR Training is now not specified
- Clinicians need to have conducted a minimum of 50 clinical hours experience with EMDR
- No. of Clients treated – Minimum of 25 clients treated with EMDR
- No. of Hours Consultation/ Clinical Supervision required to complete Competency Based Framework (This would normally take a minimum of 20 hours)
- No. of References needed to support Application: Two (One from EMDR Clinical Supervisor & One from a person who can comment upon a person professional standing)
- It is a requirement that clinicians seeking accreditation are members of their own National Organisation (EMDR UK & Ireland)
- Video/ In Vivo evidence is now a requirement within the Consultation/Clinical Supervision to ensure that comprehensive competency is effectively demonstrated
- A Proportion of the Accreditation Fee goes to the EMDR Europe Research & Scientific Committee to support the development of further research in EMDR
- Further information about this can be found on the EMDR UK & Ireland website www.emdrassociation.org.uk